NeCS is currently recruiting 4 ESRs: Early Stage Researchers for its activities.
The ESR positions are offered in different countries:
• Italy: 1 positions at National Research Council of Italy (CNR);
• Spain: 1 position at Atos;
• UK: 2 positions at British Telecom.
Eligibility: The applicants should, at the time of selection, be in the first four years of their research careers (measured from the date when they obtained the degree which would entitle them to embark on a doctorate). The applicants should not be in possession of a doctoral degree, but should have the necessary qualifications to embark on a PhD program. The applicants (regardless of their nationalities) must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting organization for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
Secondments: By the nature of this training network, all ESR positions also involve secondments (similar to an internship) to other NeCS partners to broaden and enrich the ESRs skills and experience. The planned secondments are usually below 30% of the overall time of employment.
Salary: NeCS provides competitive financial support to the ESR including a competitive monthly living and mobility allowance, coverage of the expenses related to the participation in the research and training activities (contribution to research-related costs, meetings, conference attendance, training actions, etc.). Each ESR position will be sustained by NeCS for up to 2 and a half years.
Applications Process: The applications are performed in two stages:
• Phase I (Central Network Application): The applicant sends to email@example.com a single pdf file containing the following: (1) CV in the EuroPass format (with list of publications and at least two contacts for reference) (2) Statement expressing their research interest and plans, and (3) Desired position(s) # and name(s) of host entity.
• Phase II (Local enrolment): After passing the conformance check in Phase I, the application follows the local recruitment procedures of the selected NeCS recruiting organization to conduct the local enrolment.
Deadlines: Applications will be reviewed in a streaming manner with next selection planned for feb 1 2017.